Custom Search

Monday, June 19, 2006

First Salad

I forgot to take a picture of it, but yesterday I was able to harvest enough of the mesclun and spinach to make salad for two. It was delicious with walnuts, feta cheese, dried cranberries and a simple dressing of olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. I meant to add some nasturtiums but I forgot.

I checked my postings to see when I planted the mesclun seeds, but it looks like I forgot to mention when I did it. To the best of my recollection, I planted them around May 18th, which means it was a month from seed-sowing to harvest. I want to keep track of that because I want to see if I can keep them growing year-round and I'll need to know how often I need to re-seed.

6 comments:

California Gardener in Zone 23 said...

Congratulations! The first harvest of the season is always the best. I am hoping for some zucchinis this week! If I am right, I'll have my sautéing pan ready to go.

I see you are a Northern California gardener. I mostly garden in Southern California.

snappy said...

sounds yummy.Is it a kind of salad leaf Mesclun?keep posting.We are linked between Yorkshire and Alameda.I think i have linked you more than any other blog.I read about the seed bank on the way to work.I left my comment too.

yuriko said...

Here's a Sunset Mag. article that is as beautiful as practical for continuous herb/salad planting. Enjoy!

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/garden/article/0,20633,1190558,00.html

yuriko said...

Correction to my previous comment: after downloading www.sunset.com

then search: A better way to grow cilantro

Hope it works.

roybe said...

Sounds delicious, It must be very satisfying to eat your own produce.We grow a few herbs, we don't really have room for a veggie garden.

Celia said...

This blog is fantastic, is very interesting, I like the colors, are awesome. Keep it and show us more!!!! Do you wanto to see something more? Look... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...